Youth Resolving Conflict – how to establish a student-led mediation and conflict coaching scheme in secondary schools
This day will run on: Weds 6th June 2018
A one-day workshop for secondary school staff interested in using mediation or establishing a student-led mediation scheme.
You will learn core conflict resolution skills and CRESST’s tried and tested mediation process, as well as the elements of a whole school approach to conflict resolution and the mechanics of setting up a student-led peer mediation scheme. All the necessary up-to-date resources for taking the scheme forward are provided for you to take back to your school.
You will leave with:
• Confidence in using and teaching a mediation process and some practical skills for resolving conflict and empowering students with good communication skills and improved self-confidence.
• Evidence of the positive impact of this and similar schemes on personal development, behaviour and welfare of pupils, and also on teaching and learning outcomes.
• Secondary training materials including session plans for the 10-hour conflict coaching and student mediation training, introduction to conflict resolution lesson plans and staff training sessions.
• In-depth understanding of how to implement a thriving student mediation and conflict coaching scheme in your school
• Resources and strategies for getting the whole school including staff, parents and governors on board
When: 9am – 3:30pm on Weds 6th June. Please telephone Carolyn at the CRESST office for more information. 0114 241 2745.
Cost: £100 for the day including refreshments and training pack
20% reduction for two staff booking from same organisation
This course is now registered with the Global Learning Programme. Register your school on the GLP website to receive funding for up to 5 members of staff to attend for free. One staff member registers in order to give the school access to the funding for this and other courses, as well as lots of useful resources.
Where: CRESST, Scotia Works, Leadmill Road, Sheffield S1 4SE; 0114 2412745